Come and visit our booth at the 2nd Annual Big Apple ASL Expo and Festival at Governors Island.
The “47” Alumni will have its booth shared with the New York Deaf Theatre (NYDT). We will have membership application form, donation form, previous newsletter, and information about the school.
Sunday, September 1, 2013 – from 11 A.M. to 6 P.M.
Where: Governors Island
Free ferry service from Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn Pier 6. CLICK ME for Directions & Ferry Schedule.
Expecting 1,500 People…Come One & Come All!
What to see at Governors Island
Enjoy free live show, music, tour Nolan Park Houses and Colonels’ Row, and view New York City buildings from the island. Governors Island official Photos are available for viewing from THIS LINK.
Governors Island Map
Governors Island is approximately 20 city blocks (1 mile) long and 5 blocks (1/4 mile) wide. The waterfront promenade that encircles the Island is 2.2 miles around. Map of Governors IslandVisitor maps are displayed throughout the Island to help you find your way around. You can also download the map (in PDF) HERE.
Governors Island Rules & Regulations
- No Smoking.
- Pets and alcohol are not permitted on the Island.
- Grilling is not permitted on Governors Island, although visitors can bring their own food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- All visitors and packages are subject to search.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring motorized vehicles or motorized bicycles to Governors Island.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The Trust for Governors Island reserves the right to deny access to the island at its discretion.
- Fishing is permitted on Governors Island, but all visitors over the age of 16 must have a valid New York State fishing license. Fishing is catch and release ONLY.