Background

Originally founded in 1915 as The Alumni of P.S. 47, and incorporated in 1996, The “47” Alumni Association of the Deaf, Inc., is a non-profit corporation affiliated with the school.  With over 500 Deaf members, its mission is to safeguard and to enhance the quality of education for deaf, hard of hearing, children of deaf adults (CODA) and hearing students, promoting and preserving Deaf culture and the Deaf identity, engaging in fundraising and socialization opportunities, and supporting the school’s program in various ways.

_______________________________________________
Page last updated January 16, 2014