Our historical alumni room 216 on the 24th Street side has had original wooden flooring, original closets, and original furniture (found in the school basement). All of our artifacts, memorabilia, and pictures have been donated by alumni members. It is the only room in the entire building that has remained the same since 1925.
We learned that the flooring was deteriorating as a result of the flood two years ago, when pipes in the room next-door room froze. The two-inch flood nearly destroyed many of our precious items, particularly the furniture. After some communication with the School Facilities division in Long Island City, the floor was replaced and is very reminiscent of the original flooring.
Page last updated: August 21, 2016